Translate

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Sachin relinquishes MI captaincy to Bhajj


i

Little Master says he needs a break from responsibility

Sachin Tendulkar hands over Mumbai Indians Captaincy to Harbhajan Singh

Sachin Tendulkar in discussion with the management of Mumbai Indians has decided to hand over the responsibilities of captaining Mumbai Indians in Season 2012 of the Indian Premier League to ace off spinner Harbhajan Singh.

Commenting on the decision, Sachin Tendulkar said, “The Mumbai Indians is more than a team. It is like a family to me. At this point of time, I feel I need a break from the responsibility of captaincy of the Mumbai Indians. After due consideration, I discussed my intention to hand over the Captainship of the team to Harbhajan Singh, with Mukeshbhai and Nitabhabhi. I was touched by the graciousness and wholehearted support they offered me while emphasising that they would accept any decision which helps me to continue enjoying the game. Harbhajan will have my wholehearted support as the senior most player in the team. ”

Nita Ambani of Mumbai Indians said, “It was a very difficult moment when Sachin expressed his desire to relinquish the captaincy. But we believe that Sachin is the best judge on such matters and hence, as always, we fully support his decision. I have learnt a lot during the last three seasons working with Sachin closely. Sachin is the soul of Mumbai Indians, and I am sure he will guide Bhajii as he takes on the responsibility of captaining Mumbai Indians.”

The newly appointed captain of Mumbai Indians, Harbhajan Singh said, “Sachin Paaji spoke to me about his decision to of wanting me to take over the responsibility of the team. It is huge honour and I thank Paaji and Nita Bhabhi for the faith reposed in my abilities. Mumbai Indians is a great team with explosive talent and promising youngsters. I am committed to do the very best and look forward to leading the team to play to its full potential during the season.” 

1 comment:

  1. postingan yang bagus tentang"Sachin relinquishes MI captaincy to Bhajj"

    ReplyDelete